Learn how to butcher beef from butchery master Ryan Farr. Ryan will cover a range of topics and skills, including butchery, sausage making, various cooking techniques, proper storage and more. Classes are small, hands-on and appropriate for all levels.
This class is appropriate for complete beginners and intermediate butcherers. Five students will spend up to five hours at the 4505 Meats production kitchen working with a forequarter beef.
- The class will focus on the forequarters of the animal, giving students a more in-depth understanding of beef butchery
- We will discuss tools, technique, anatomy, and our desired end results
- Steaks, roasts, and sausage will be produced and vacuum sealed in labeled, weighed portions
- Snacks and drinks will be provided during the class
Students Go Home With
- Roughly 25 pounds of portioned beef per person
- A detailed brochure with a breakdown of cuts and corresponding cooking techniques and temperatures
- A recipe guide with additional spice rubs, brines, and sauces