Learn how to prepare and butcher, both, chicken and duck from butchery master Ryan Farr. Ryan will cover a range of topics and skills, including butchery, portioning, various cooking techniques, proper storage and more. Classes are small, hands-on and appropriate for all levels.
Most butchery classes include large (ok, huge) take-home portions of meat! The portions are vacuum sealed and labeled for easy storage and handling.
This class is appropriate for complete beginners and intermediate butcherers. Eight students will spend three hours at the 4505 Meats production kitchen working with one duck and one chicken each.
- The class will review tools, technique, anatomy, organ utilization, and desired end results
- Students will butcher one duck and one chicken each
- Once butchered, we will discuss and create various applications for the portions, such as Duck Confit and Coq Au Vin
Students Go Home With
- Roughly 6 pounds of portioned poultry per person
- A detailed brochure with a breakdown of cuts and corresponding cooking techniques and temperatures
- A recipe guide with additional spice rubs, brines, and sauces
The 4505 Meats production kitchen is in Hayes Valley. Buy your class tickets to get directions.