Learn the basics of sausage production and techniques from butchery master Ryan Farr. Ryan will cover a range of topics and skills, including basic tools, general guidelines, various recipes, proper storage and more. Classes are small, hands-on and appropriate for all levels.
Most butchery classes include large (ok, huge) take-home portions of meat! The portions are vacuum sealed and labeled for easy storage and handling.
This class is appropriate for complete beginners and intermediate butcherers.
- Six students will spend three hours creating three different types of fresh sausage
- The class will cover tools, technique, recipes, and general guidelines
- Each sausage produced will differ in either texture, flavor, or protein source
Students Go Home With
- Roughly 6 pounds of portioned sausage per person
- A detailed brochure with a breakdown of types, cooking techniques and temperatures, and a recipe guide with additional applications
The 4505 Meats production kitchen is in Hayes Valley. Buy your class tickets to get directions.