Learn how to make real masala chai - not the sugary, watered down version they serve at coffee shops. You'll learn how to make a variety of typical Indian tea time snacks to go along with your chai: tea sandwiches with an Indian twist, savory pakoras and aloo tikkis.
Plus, you'll learn how to make two of India's most famous chutneys: a spicy green chutney with cilantro and chilis and a sweet date and tamarind chutney. Afternoon tea at your house will never be the same once you learn these delicious Indian tea time staples. Get ready to explore.
Be ready to roll up your sleeves as Culture Kitchen classes are hands-on and bring an appetite as we will enjoy a full meal in class. All dishes are vegetarian.
- Masala Chai: black tea flavored with rich Indian spices
- Chutney Sandwiches: tea sandwiches filled with spicy green chutney & fresh vegetables
- Pakoras: crispy corn & spinach fritters
- Aloo Tikkis: spiced potato patties
- Green Chutney: spicy chutney to accompany all dishes
- Date Chutney: sweet chutney to accompany all dishes
Cooking classes take place in private homes. Please refer to the ticketing page for more details.