Slip into your black tux. Slide into that satin dress. And don a Venetian mask. For the final evening of their “Masters of Venice: Renaissance Painters of Passion and Power” exhibition, the de Young Museum will be hosting a masked ball inspired by Venice’s most powerful and provocative paintings.
ArtPoint, the young professionals’ organization dedicated to advancing interest and support of the fine arts in San Francisco, has organized this decadent art-inspired masquerade, and Gilt City members are invited to attend with a general admission or VIP ticket.
With the general admission ticket, you’ll have access to the open bar featuring drinks made with Solerno Blood Orange Liqueur, enjoy light snacks and leave with two guest passes to the Legion of Honor or the de Young, to be used on another visit.
At midnight, you’ll take off the mask—but you’ll never forget this party.
— Milos Peltier, Gilt City Editor
- One ticket to Masters of Venice: A Masked Ball at de Young Museum on February 11, 2012, from 8 PM – 12 AM
- Open bar
- Light snacks
- Catalogue of choice
- Two guest passes to Legion of Honor or de Young to use on another visit
- Express check-in for Gilt City members
- Exclusive after-hours viewing of “Masters of Venice: Renaissance Paintings of Passion and Power from the Kunsthistorisches Museum, Vienna” exhibition
- Gourmet cheese tastings provided by Marin French Cheese
- Photo booth courtesy of ToniBird Photography
- Music by DJ Solomon
- Performances by Velocity Circus