The Grand Cafe misfit dinner series looks to celebrate and highlight “misfit” animals and techniques that reach beyond traditional French brasserie style dishes—animals that aren’t often featured on our every day menus and techniques from different regions in France and different time periods too. This dinner series also gives us a chance to celebrate the local purveyors we work with. Chef Alicia Jenish presents specials from McCormack & Long Ranch.
The Menu: Misfit Lamb Dinner/ McCormack Ranch & Long Ranch
- Crispy lambs brain, braised lamb cheek, celery heart salsa verde $14
- Lamb Sweet breads, lamb bacon, wild black berries, fennel soubise, verjus, field greens $18
- Lamb tongue pot au feu, summer vegetables, consommé $14
- Hay roasted leg of lamb, English pea ragout, mint chutney and rosti potatoes $ 24
- Mixed grill: yogurt marinated loin, merguez sausage, za’tar rubbed chop, spiced date emulsion, pickled turnip, bulgur $36
- Lamb porchetta: pine nut, dill and honey sauce, grilled chicories and crispy chickpea polenta $34