Improve your life through rejection. Find out how to hack politics. Even learn why eating insects can save the environment. All for $5.
Join Ignite San Francisco as 16 artists, technologists, thinkers, and personalities take the stage for 5-minute talks.
Ignite was started in Seattle in 2006 by Brady Forrest and Bre Pettis. Since then hundreds of 5-minute talks have been given across the world. There are thriving Ignite communities in Seattle, Baltimore, Portland, Paris, and now, right here in San Francisco!
Speakers for Ignite San Francisco #5 include:
- Jason Shen - Rejection Therapy: What I Learned From Getting Rejected Everyday for Month
- Tim Spence - Everything you know about LSD is wrong!
- Christina Gagnier - Sex. Drugs. Rock. And CODE.
- Heather Gold - Unpresenting Ignite: no one cares about your slides
- Arzo Nazamy - Afghanistan to SF
- Craig Montuori - Hacking Political Systems
- Mark D. Smith, MD, MBA - Obamacare, what works/doesn't in CA healthcare
- Daniella Martin - Entomophagy (how eating insects solves environmental problems)
- Martin Fisher - Kickstart
- Alexis Finch - How to draw a dinosaur and why he'll help you learn.
- Tracy Osborn - How to thrive as a solo non-technical founder
- Michael Cole - Nutritionally Challenged
- Patrik D'haeseleer - Citizen science and DIY biology
Doors open at 6pm, first speaker at 7pm. 21 and over. Follow us @ignitebayarea for up-to-the-minute speaker announcements and event partners!