Improve your life through rejection. Find out how to hack politics. Even learn why eating insects can save the environment. All for $5.
"Ignite talks are great because they're limited to 5 minutes. Even if the current speaker is dull, you're only moments away from someone who might rock your socks!"
Join Ignite San Francisco as 16 artists, technologists, thinkers, and personalities take the stage for 5-minute talks.
Ignite was started in Seattle in 2006 by Brady Forrest and Bre Pettis. Since then hundreds of 5-minute talks have been given across the world. There are thriving Ignite communities in Seattle, Baltimore, Portland, Paris, and now, right here in San Francisco!
Speakers for Ignite San Francisco #5 include:
- Jason Shen - Rejection Therapy: What I Learned From Getting Rejected Everyday for Month
- Tim Spence - Everything you know about LSD is wrong!
- Christina Gagnier - Sex. Drugs. Rock. And CODE.
- Heather Gold - Unpresenting Ignite: no one cares about your slides
- Arzo Nazamy - Afghanistan to SF
- Craig Montuori - Hacking Political Systems
- Mark D. Smith, MD, MBA - Obamacare, what works/doesn't in CA healthcare
- Daniella Martin - Entomophagy (how eating insects solves environmental problems)
- Martin Fisher - Kickstart
- Alexis Finch - How to draw a dinosaur and why he'll help you learn.
- Tracy Osborn - How to thrive as a solo non-technical founder
- Michael Cole - Nutritionally Challenged
- Patrik D'haeseleer - Citizen science and DIY biology
Doors open at 6pm, first speaker at 7pm. 21 and over. Follow us @ignitebayarea for up-to-the-minute speaker announcements and event partners!