Join us for a cookout-style lunch break inside of SFMOMA. In conjunction with "The Utopian Impulse: Buckminster Fuller and the Bay Area," we celebrate Buckminster Fuller, the innovative designer and visionary whose ideas inspired Bay Area endeavors informed by ecology and sustainability, including the geodesic dome and the camp tent as we know it today.
Take advantage of the educational opportunities at the museum. Pop on a headset, download the iPhone tour, or grab a docent – all offered for free with your ticket.
On free admission days, crowds are large and lines are long. For a better overall experience, come on a Thursday evening for half-price admission.
"Team up with a friend and split a dual membership. Each one of you get a membership card that admits yourself and a guest."
Eat while watching the 1967 film "Buckminster Fuller Meets the Hippies in Golden Gate Park," and build a geodesic gumdrop dome to take home with you.
A special menu will be available for purchase by local pop-up Sweet Jo's Chili and Biscuits, and Blue Bottle Coffee Co. will sell hexagon s'mores.
Utopian Cookout: Select Menu Items
- Sweet Jo’s Chili and Biscuits
- Two hot Meetinghouse biscuits and sausage gravy or Meyer lemon curd $5
- “Synergistic” beef and red bean chili (spicy) $5/$8
- “Dymaxion” vegetarian chili (not so spicy) $5/$8
- “Bucky’s Utopian Franks and Beans”: Prather Ranch hot dogs and organic Boston baked beans $5/$8
- Jo’s handmade ginger ale $3
- Meyer lemonade $3
- “Impulsive” fudge brownie $3
- “Back-to-the-lander’s” vanilla pudding $3
- “Hippie” energy bar (vegan) $3
- Blue Bottle Coffee Co.
- Hexagon S'more: Vanilla marshmallow, graham cracker, and chocolate ganache with sea salt $5