Nombe, the Japanese izakaya in the Mission, is decamping a block away to Wix Lounge's rooftop for an Eastern take on the beer garden. The $50 admission ($60 at the door) includes three pints of draft beer (Kirin, Asahi, or Sapporo), as well as a plethora of food, including hand-rolled sushi, grilled Kurobuta pork belly, oysters on the half shell, chicken wings, and fried baby potatoes with soy butter. A portion of the proceeds will benefit La Cocina.
Combine a traditional Japanese beverage, beer, with a westernized drinking venue, the beer garden, and you get a popular urban escape right here in San Francisco. The beer garden includes:
- 3 pints of beer (Asahi , Kirin, and Sapporo draft and bottled beers.
- Hand-rolled Sushi
- Edamame Hummus, taro chips
- Oysters on the half-shell, Tobiko Scallions, Ponzu
- Grilled Kurobuta Pork Belly
- Nombe Chicken Wings
- Deep-fried Fingerling Potatoes, Foie Gras soy butter